lördag 1 juli 2017

Broken promises

Not all promises are meant to be kept. Or maybe they shouldn't have been promised in the first place. But how do you know that? Have you broken any promises? I have, one of the big ones. You know, the one were I promised; "I take you, xxx, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

I made that promise in July 2004, and I absolutely had the intention on keeping it. But, I didn't. Five years later we were divorced and I think it made us both much happier! I'm not sure you can ever say it's a "happy divorce" with no hard feelings, because there are so many people around you affected by a divorce.  People you need to let go off and new people to let in in your new life. But I know I felt happier. I needed it, I would have lost myself otherwise. To me it was the right choice, to break my promise. 

The other day I talked to a friend about regrets, and the conclusion of that discussion was that whatever regrets you might think you have, they all led you to this point. To where you are in life right now. Sure, you may wish to go back and change things now that you're older and hopefully wiser, but would changing things back then teach you the lessons you need, to learn and grow as a person? Especially considering you would have to go back to who you were then, not who you are now. Tricky questions, but I know I'm happy to be where I'm at. For sure I have things I would like to erase or never to have happened in the first place, but they're a part of me, no matter what. And how can I regret that? Who I am. All you can do is to say sorry (if they involve another person), learn from it and start looking forward! ❤️

Besides, if I hadn't made that decision 8 years ago, on moving on and breaking my promise, I would never have met my husband and remarried, and we wouldn't have the most amazing daughter you can imagine! So follow your heart, and if it tells you to break a promise, consider it wisely before deciding, but don't be afraid. You never know what the future will bring, regardless of the choice you'll make. You can only be sure of that whatever you choose, there will be lessons to learn and a beautiful life to explore. ❤️

Laters babes!

Over and out 
Pusspuss 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar