torsdag 13 juli 2017

A day trip to Benidorm

A short train ride from here, like 15-20 minutes (I didn't really keep an eye on my watch, I'm on vacation), is Benidorm, the 12th biggest city in Spain, with about 90 000 residents (unofficially 120 000), but in the summer it grows to 500 000. The city is known for its over 300 skyscrapers and is therefore also called "Little Manhattan" or as Dubai of the Mediterranean. 
We had no plans for what to do or what to see when arriving, we just thought we would decide when getting there. 

We walked from the train station down to the beach, it's quite a long walk but it's down hill so it wasn't a bother. Besides, we got to see a lot of the city while walking around.

The beach was great, but sooo much people! It might not look like it in this picture (I took this one during the siesta), but believe me, it was absolutely packed! 
We did some shopping, which I didn't plan on doing, but I found these great sunglasses that I fell in love with so I bought them. And buying them gave me a 40% discount on a second pair so I bought a pair to mini me too. 

And mini me's...

Yup, she's a bit spoiled...just a tiny, tiny bit (read; crazy spoiled)! 

As the train station is quite some distance uphill from the beach and our shopping venture, we needed a stop on the way back to get some drinks. 

Apparently there's lots to do and see in Benidorm but we weren't really up for it today in the heat. We felt really satisfied with our visit although really not checking off any of the great "sights" in Benidorm except for the beach. 

Back home we relaxed the rest of the evening after having eaten dinner. Winding down after a day with lots and lots of people everywhere. Here in Villajoyosa it's more cozy and easy. It felt nice to return to this more calm place of the Costa Blanca coastline. 

Aren't they pretty? Love, love, love my new RayBans! đŸ‘ŒđŸ»

Now I'm off to bed. Tomorrow will be spent on the beach again. We missed playing in the waves today! 

Laters babes!

Over and out 
Pusspuss 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar