mÄndag 5 juni 2017

Reasons why

I've been watching this series on Netflix that occupies much of the space of my mind even after I turn of my tv. It's an original Netflix series:
 
I guess I'm not really the intended target group for this series, but I can't help to think maybe I should be. Being a mother and still fairly aware of my own teenage years, this is by far the most important thing I'll be watching to be able to prepare myself and my daughter for her teenage years. I do remember it being difficult years, scary even, growing up. A lot of existential questions going through my mind, and me questioning everything and everyone, and doubting myself and my abilities. It's a struggle, finding ones place in this world, and when you're a teenager it seems like an impossible task. 

I fear that these days, with social media being such a huge part of peoples lives, and in such early ages, the easy access into ones personal sphere is more threatening to your mental and physical health than ever before. And that is truly frightening for me as a parent. I know I can't protect my daughter from every danger/threat or her being exposed/in pain or even being targeted, but I will always be there for her. Whether she tells me to or not. I'll be the one she can always count on, trust or lean on. I will always catch her if she would ever stumble or fall. Loving her unconditionally and wholeheartedly. ❤️đŸ™đŸ»❤️

So, if you're a parent, or if you feel the need to understand the ways of todays teenage world, please take your time to watch this series. It's scary, it's sad and full of pain. It's a cry for help, and we need to learn to see and hear that cry to be able to aid those in need, no matter the age or the context. And we need to learn to talk about stuff like bullying, mental illnesses and how our young ones are being exposed and exploited online - with each other- but especially with our kids! 

For now though, I'm happily content with just making animals out of fir cones with my daughter!
 
Laters babes!

Over and out 
Pusspuss 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar