onsdag 7 juni 2017

Nerdy stuff

As some of you know I work at the Swedish Species Information Centre and we are more than a few nerds working here! Please, do not misread anything negative into that! I say that with the utmost respect and care for the amazing people I get to work with every day. They're the best of the best, the experts, and calling them and myself nerds, is to be thought of as a huge compliment! I'm super proud of them and I hope the knowledge and wisdom they/we possess will rub off and inspire the rest of the world for generations to come! They're amazing!

Take me for an example. I detest bugs. Truly. They scare me to bits, and for the life of me I could never just pick one up and hold it in my hand. But! After starting working here I'm strangely fascinated by them too! Why? Because of my colleagues, the experts! They've taught me so much the two years I've been working here and they've inspired me to take an interest in what's around me, whether it being a bug, an animal, a tree or a flower! So that's why you find bugs nowadays on my Instagram feed. Not every day, but still. Occasionally. And NO, I still don't touch them, but I see them and I want to learn more about them! 
 
Like on today's walk at work when I found this little fellow. I can even find it strangely beautiful (which I would never had said two years back). My colleagues told me it's a crane fly of some kind (never seen them in black/yellow stripes before), but I'm not sure of its exact species. I talked to two of my colleagues earlier about it but they weren't sure, so I'll consult another of them tomorrow. 🙂
 
It was really windy and the rain was pouring down as we went on our walk, but it was nice to get out from the office for an hour. 

Now I'm off to a Kindle date!

Laters babes!

Over and out 
Pusspuss 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar