mÄndag 19 december 2016

Sunshine bliss

I've had a great first day here in Phu Quoc! Lovely weather with clear blue skies and just a slight breeze that soothes the skin from the heat. I've been carefull though, staying in the shade most of the time and wearing sunscreen in the sun. And the food is just delicious! But, it's really hard communicating with the Vietnamese because most of them doesn't speak English, and that wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have the need for special diets (gluten and lactose free). The lactose isn't a major problem because it's rarely used in their cooking as far as I understand, but the gluten free part seems to be hard to explain. I've even given them a celiac card in Vietnamese but even then there's problems getting it right. Fortunately for me, I'm not really allergic to wheat, but I feel sick and get stomach pains when I eat it so I don't. But those who are truly allergic must have huge problems here! I try to order and eat the food that seems to be as "clean" from gluten as possible, and so far so good! 
 
Like today's lunch, grilled prawns with five pepper sauce. The funny thing with that sauce was that there wasn't any. Very, very tasty dish, but the "sauce" was nowhere to be found. Just five sorts of pepper rubbed on the prawns and vegetables! 
 
And of course I had fruits for dessert! I've eaten a lot of fruits today, mostly pineapple (my favourite), but I also got some passion fruit!
 
And besides all the eating I've done today, I've also built a sandcastle and played with mini-me in the water trying to catch some fishes! 😜 And of course dating my Kindle!
Now I'm off to bed though! Hopefully the sun will greet us with its presence tomorrow as well!

Laters babes!

Over and out 
Pusspuss 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar