lördag 10 december 2016

Rest in the dark

I've talked to you before about a quote I once read about light resting in the dark. I don't know why, but that quote has been going through my mind all day. I've been pondering the meaning of that and how I could apply that to my fears of the darkness I've kept hidden inside of me for so many years. 

In an earlier blog entry regarding my decision of letting go of my past, I told you about keeping the light burning in the darkness inside my heart, but I believe this quote is telling me that maybe I won't have to. Maybe I could feel safe in the darkness as well, not only in the light. 
 
I find myself thinking that maybe I could rest in darkness, without feeling afraid and alone. Feeling safe although surrounded by all that once paralysed me with fear. I want that. I need that. I want to know that although not being completely free of the darkness inside of me, I'm  still safe. And free.

My life doesn't have to be simple, quite the opposite in fact. I accept the complexity of it wholeheartedly! I might even at times think that that is what makes life exiting and worth living. Of course there are times when the hardships and pains feel overwhelming or unbearable, but in the end of it all, wouldn't life without challenges be boring? And they're what makes us grow and learn. The challenges. This is exactly the reason why I should not fear my darkness! It has been a huge part in taking me here, to this point, and it has made me who I am! It is an integrated part of me, and that if nothing else, should make me fearless and safe! 

I love how just a few words put together can change the way you view life and everything connected to it, even your fear of the dark! ❤️ So friends, keep an open mind And why don't use some of your alone time to reflect an extra minute or two about things you hear or read, it might be more important and life changing than you realise!

Laters babes!

Over and out 
Pusspuss 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar