söndag 9 oktober 2016

Sunday funday, för whom?

Today I'm going to tell you something that some of you might not like, at all. Something that possible might fuel a discussion amongst some that I am a bad mother. You see, I really, really don't like playing with mini-me. I'm lousy at it, and maybe that's what's causing my inability to interact in her playing. I much rather sitt watching her play than participating myself. Sure, I can sitt and draw with her, build with her Lego, read a book (which I do at least once a day) or make pearl necklaces and stuff like that. But actually playing, it's just not my thing! Does that make me a bad mother? I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are people out there that does.

And while I'm on the subject, I'm not always super fond of spending half my Sundays on her activities (tennis and swimming lessons) either! Of course I wouldn't let her know that, and I always go with her knowing she really loves it! But, I could think of a lot of things I would rather do to make Sundays fundays for me too! And before anyone ask, yes I love her (more than words can express) and no I don't regret being a mum! I'm just trying to put a perspective on things! I'm not one of those mothers that are willing to give up themselves to be a great mother. I believe my daughter will benefit more, in every way thinkable, if I stay true to myself and admit that I am still the person I was before having our precious little girl. That means I still like to do grown up things and be alone now and then. Time that not always include her. And I think I'm a better mother for owning up to that, and that my love for her will be even stronger because of it as I'm allowing myself to admit to sometimes being bored and not lie about it! My daughter knows she's my everything, and I tell her everyday how much I love her and how amazing I think she is! I'm confident that me not always participating in her play (or being bored when watching her play tennis), won't hurt her or our relationship! Quite the opposite, actually! ❤️
 
Just sayin'!

Over and out
Pusspuss

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar