fredag 23 september 2016

Old favourites

I've loved books and reading books for as long as I can remember. My grandfather always read to me when I stayed with him and grandma during the summer breaks from school. Every night he took me with him to explore new worlds, like those in The Chronicles of Narnia, written by C. S. Lewis. I loved every minute of it. I can still remember the feeling of sitting next to him on the couch, with his arm safely around my shoulders as he read and the way my head always ended up at his chest hearing his heart beat calmly beneath my ear. Telling you about this, I'm not at all surprised that my love for reading and books started there! My parents have always read a lot as well, so I was truly surrounded by books throughout my childhood! 

In my early twenties, one of my absolute favourite books was "Be-Ami" by Guy de Maupassant. And as I came to speak about it with my colleagues at work a couple of months back, I felt I just had to read it again. So I bought a new copy!
 
So now I'm looking forward to reading it again. And a bit worried that I want like it as much as I once did! 😜

I'll be sure to tell you all about my feelings about it after I've read it.

And for those of you that want to follow me more closely than here on the blog, you'll find me on Snapchat! Now I'm fixing dinner to mini-me and I! And it's Friday folks! How great is that! I plan on reading all night long (not Bel-Ami yet though)!

Laters babes!

Over and out 
Pusspuss 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar