torsdag 9 juni 2016

Putting up a resistance

I've been trying my hardest today to get mini-me into a new kindergarten, after our move, that will be just as great for her as her old one. I don't think that is asking to much. But, it's not going that great. We applied to a kindergarten near our new apartment that seemed great! And we were very happy when we're told that she got it! But! When we went to visit them we were told that she'll have to attend a class with children aged between 1-4 years old her first year at the kindergarten. As she's now 4,5 years old, I was really unhappy about this. She will be the oldest of them all, and only two other children in her class are born 2012, like her. I really don't like the idea of her being 5,5 years old and attending a class with 1-4 year olds. At her kindergarten today they're between 3-5, and the next step for her there is to join the class with 5-6 years old before leaving for preschool.

The heartbreaking decision from the new kindergarten is however that this is the placing they'll offer her, take it or leave it! Gah!!! I feel so not listened to, and so sad that they don't see to the individual need of the child, in this case my daughter. So, I spent a few minutes crying at work today after trying to reason with them, hidden in my office, feeling really defeated and lost! This is so not how I pictured mini-mes move to a new kindergarten! I just needed to let my disappointment out of my body, and today it manifested itself in tears. I called my husband to seek comfort and he reasoned with me until my tears dried up. 😁

Well, although feeling defeated, I am so not giving up! I'll be that bitchy and annoying mother that teachers probably detest! I will not give up! I'll fight for what I know in my heart is the best alternative for my little girl! And of course I'll keep you posted!


I think today events gave me an extra wrinkle or two, and even some grey hairs! 😆

I know this might seem like a nonissue to some of you, but to me this is super important. We have one of the greatest kindergarten services in the world here in Sweden, which we pay only about 1000SEK a month for (like $ 140 a month per child). But that only sets my standards higher! I expect the best, because I know their services is so great! And as any mother I want was is best for my child!

Laters babes!
XOXO

Over and out
Pusspuss

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar