onsdag 8 juni 2016

Eating healthier

I've been strictly following the FODMAP diet since October last year as I've suffered from stomach pains since as far back as I can remember. I've been through so many different examinations and test throughout the years, but none of them has really lead to me getting some relief from pain and discomfort. Don't get me wrong, I have a great doctor who listens to me and has helped me a lot, but the tests are all inconclusive so there's not much more he could do than he already does. Anyways, last year in October my husband found an article online recommending FODMAP for those with stomach problems (like IBS for example). So I decided to try it. The biggest change being me eating gluten free. I loooove pasta and bread! But, I would give anything to have a happy tummy so in the end it's an easy decision to make.

I'm not going to bother you on details about what to eat or not in this diet, but if you Google FODMAP you'll find tons of information! For me it's not about loosing weight, at all! I think I have a rather healthy weight and form on my body. I do it to keep all of my entire body happy. I still have my bad days, but they're further apart nowadays and all in all I feel better. But, this is a rather unknown diet here in Sweden so it's not always easy to stick to it when going out for dinner or lunch. My dietitian told me that I should think of my stomach like a bucket, when keeping strict to the diet my bucket is empty. When eating food that deviates from the diet, the bucket starts filling up. So if I know I'm going to have trouble eating according to FODMAPs I should make sure that my bucket is empty to avoid upsetting my tummy. :)


Another thing that I know upsets my stomach but that isn't "forbidden" in FODMAP is sugar. So I try to avoid sugar as well. But it's much harder than giving up gluten, I'll tell you that! I mean, how do you even make it without chocolates in your life? ;)
Anyhow, today I cheated. I had a gluten free doughnut! My first one! A lovely, sugary and delicious one. And it tasted almost exactly like I remembered. Although a little dry in comparison with the regular doughnuts! But dry and gluten free seems to be a match made in heaven for most parts so I'm getting kind of used to it by now. ;)
In this case it might be a good thing, keeping me away from the sweets!

Laters babes!
XOXO

Over and out
Pusspuss

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar